08 June, 2013

Finding Nemo/Nautical Nails!

Had myself a bit of nail polish fun - inspired just a bit by the shoes I bought yesterday, along with Finding Nemo. Read on to see which nail polises I used :)

Claw!
 I used OPI's Natural Nail Base Coat, and I have to say I find this the best part of putting any sort of nail polish on. This one easily glides on and sinks into any ridges, leaving you a smooth canvas of a nail. It dries very quickly too, which is always a plus.

Next I had a bit of fun with a white base - two coats of Sinful Colors' "Snow Me White". I have to say, for its inexpensiveness, it really does the job quite well.

After this, I started to work on the broad, diagonal stripes, using Prestige's Wonder Gloss Nail Lacquer in "Sea Breeze" on four of my fingers, followed by Sinful Colors' "Hazard" on my ring finger. I always like to make my ring finger pop a bit because it adds a bit of flair to my nails - and I don't have to make the effort for all of my nails that way.

Last but not least, I finished off with OPI's Top Coat, which is a bit thick but easy enough to work with. To be honest though, I've heard plenty of reviews of Seche Vite, and I can't wait to get my hands on that instead. OPI's top coat takes a while to dry.


Everything I used!

A more sedate pose - for a hand.
Bit messy, but I used no tools.
And that's my little Finding Nemo look! I have to admit, it took me a couple of tries to get it to look even half decent, but I'm pleased with the end result. Do comment!

4 comments:

  1. Pretty nails, I wish mine would grow that long

    becominghugo.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you! Mine just keep growing. I love them, but they do become a bit of a hassle.

      Delete
  2. So impressed with those nailpolishes- especially the white one. Super cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! White makes an excellent base colour, doesn't it?

      Delete