02 June, 2013

My Makeup Bag!

I figured that, since I did promise a blog about makeup and beauty and the like, I'd start with something relatively simple - the contents of my own makeup kit. 

This is a small compilation of what's in my purple pouch, detailing the bits I absolutely adore and the stuff that I don't like as much, and what sort of occasion I use them for.

Let's go!


Warning - this is a rather long post as I've written a very brief review of each product.



First off, I'll start with one of my favorite BB creams ever - the Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream. To be absolutely honest, I usually skip out on foundation if I'm using this as it's really light and easy on your skin. It provides a decent amount of coverage for use out-and-about, and it's got all sorts of nice little things jam-packed into a small tube. I really, really love it.

Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream

This next product is actually something I've not used too much of, since I don't usually need it. I realise it says "blush" on it, but Rimmel's Match Perfection Blush doesn't really cut it as a blush for me. In fact, I'd much rather use it in other ways, because if I use it as a blush, the two colours are either too light or too dark for my cheeks. They do however make a decent highlighter/contour.

Rimmel Match Perfection Blush

This product, however, I do love. It's light and easy, it doesn't look too dusty or powdery on my face, and it looks very, very natural - the perfect recipe for a brilliant face powder. Smashbox's HALO Hydrating Perfecting Powder sits well on my skin and doesn't clog up my pores or anything. It lasts quite a while too - longer than most other powders I've tried so far.

Smashbox HALO Hydrating Perfecting Powder

 Foundation. I usually don't use foundation all that much unless it's for an occasion that requires just a bit more coverage, but this recent purchase has me re-thinking that decision. It has really perfect coverage, it's smooth on application, and it lives up to its name - it really does keep my skin matte, which is really important for me because my skin is really, really oily. And this isn't the most important thing, but it actually does smell quite nice to me - which is always a plus!

Clarins Ever Matte Foundation
 Mascara. I usually have a love/hate relationship with mascara because I find most of them far too clumpy and thick and I normally have to re-do my eyes over many, many times. This one isn't really like that though. It separates the lashes and doesn't leave on a horribly thick coat, and if I do make a mistake, it's still easily correctable with the applicator. It's my absolute favorite so far.

Benefit "They're Real!" Mascara

 I love lipstick, but more importantly, I love matte lipstick. A little bit of shine is okay, but I'm not for shiny lips for the most part. These lipsticks are, therefore, perfect for me. They're smooth on application but leave a nice, strong colour on my lip, and they last a decent amount of time. The colours don't really have names, but the ones I have are in the shades 105, a very natural lip colour, and 109, a far brighter and more coral colour.

Rimmel Kate Moss Matte Lipstick

 Eyeliners are one of my favorite, if not the favorite, things in the makeup world for me. They're fun to use and they come in so many different colours and they look nice on everyone. That being said, these are two of my favorite ones out there. Too Faced's 3-Way Lash-Liner Tool has a three-pronged applicator which makes it a bit trickier for me, but the colour's smooth and nice and dark, and lasts a very, very long time without smudging. MAC's Superslick Liquid Eyeliner is easier to apply, and the shade I have is a steel grey sort of colour - it's stunning.


Too Faced 3-Way Lash-Lining Tool + MAC Superslick Liquid Eyeliner
These are at the more inexpensive end of the spectrum, but I do find that pencils and the like are far easier to use on the waterline, so I use these alongside the two mentioned above. The blue colour is for when I like a bit of pop - it's nothing too crazy but it does make for a unique look. The kohl is nice for a more sedate look. Both are easy to apply and use, and smudge very nicely when needed.

Rimmel Exaggerate Waterproof Eye Definer + Rimmel Soft Kohl
 This is a decent blush. I love the colour - it's a soft, peach colour that looks very nice and natural on my cheeks, especially during the summer. That being said though, it's noticeable powdery and heavy on my skin, which makes it a bit uncomfortable.

L'Oreal True Match Blush
 This is a nice enough concealer. It's not the best out there, but this looks great under my eyes to brighten them up. It also has very good coverage and covers my spots and blemishes nicely, but at the same time I feel that I must have gotten the wrong colour as it contrasts sharply against my skin.

Smashbox High Definition Concealer
And last but certainly not least, this makeup setting spray is my saviour. It does exactly as it says on the can - it keeps my skin nice and matte, along with making sure my makeup stays put nicely on my face for a long, long time. I use this nearly every time I put makeup of any sort on because, to be absolutely honest, I don't trust my face to not ruin my makeup with its oil production. For those whose makeup doesn't last long and easily gets smudged or creased, I would really recommend this.

Urban Decay + Skindinavia De-Slick Makeup Setting Spray
 That's it then! This has been a rather long post, but I do hope it's not been too tedious on you. Leave comments below telling me your own opinions on these products, and I'll most probably reply.

Everything zipped up into a neat little pouch!

 Blooper: This cat would not sit still as I was taking photos of the products. Kept trying to get cuddles and roll over all the tubes, this one. Silly cat!

He is NOT innocent, no matter how much he looks it.

8 comments:

  1. I love SmashBox's Photo Ready BB Cream! The finish it leaves on your skin is amazing :)

    Check out my beauty blog:

    http://yourbeautyfixreviews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of my favorite products ever! I've checked it out and followed :)

      Delete
  2. Hey girl, thanks for the sweet comment =) I love your makeup collection - you definitely have a better kit than me!

    - Che

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! And thank you so much! :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Riana, Im nominating you for the Liebster Award. Thought you would make a great candidate!

    Check out my post:
    http://yourbeautyfixreviews.blogspot.com/2013/06/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so, so, so much! I left a comment under your post as well :)

      Delete
  4. Loving the products! I just got Rimmel's soft kohl in Nude to brighten up my eyes. I love it! Thanks for sharing your cute kitty too.

    http://mollycurley.blogspot.com

    xo Molly

    ReplyDelete